<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Our Descent into Madness
Leading the fight to stop Graham Coxon
Thursday, January 27, 2005

The Jazz Society's Thursday E-mail

I might make this a regular feature, I've never been to one of the events, I just love the e-mails:


Hmmmmmmm......

first close your eyes... (you'll have to get someone to read the next part of the email, so you can keep your eyes closed)

now...
breath in,
breath out,

breath in,
breath out.

relax, and imagine yourself in a peaceful place, where the little birdies are sitting at the tops of the little trees, tweeting to the sound of your heartbeat.

the waves slowly roll up the beach, licking your toes as you relax and catch the fading moment of the evening sun.

you are so happy, all you want is a glass of iced water to cool you down slightly.
It's bliss.

now you're in the correct mood, you can open your eyes and read the rest of the jazzsoc email!!!!!!!!

TONIGHT ---- THE BLUE NOTE JAM!!!

That's right guys, the blue note era is coming your way. Kenny Burrell, Monk, Miles, with a bit of Jimmy Smith on the side. (I'm not sure Jimmy would be that happy about that, but that's the way it is).

So if you fancy da blues, or da hard bop we will give it to you, and even more if you ask - tonight in The City Tavern on Market Street.

The house band:

TOM 'HI I'M TOM' HEWSON - PIANO (Band leader)
MARCO 'HI I LIKE TOM, HE IS COOL' NIEVERGELT - BASS
STEVE 'I'M TOM'S FRIEND FROM HOME' BRIDGLAND - GUITAR (All the way from Canterbury)
MR. 'I HATE TOM, HE SMELL'S OF POO' DRUMMER - DRUMS

COOL!

Well I can't wait, I've waxed my legs specially for the occasion - I'm hoping that the decreased wind resistance will mean that I can run quicker, and then get there earlier! WICKED!

So we'll be seeing you,
tonight at THE CITY TAVERN ON MARKET STREET
STARTING AT 8PM
ENTRY IS £1

and I want to see everyone's legs nicely waxed,
The Committee xx
10:33 am :: ::
2 Comments:
  • They scare me

    By Blogger Joe, at 4:28 pm  
  • I saw the "Master Bates" thing on the side. I went to high school with a kid named "Matt Abate". Guess what his nickname was???

    Nope, no one called him Bob.

    Or Jimbo. Guess again.

    By Blogger Marianne, at 1:09 am  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Ric :: permalink